1997 4g15 SAFC INSTALLATION
DISCLAIMERS AND WARNINGS:
- All modifications are done at your own risk. The following information is not provided by a professional installer
and thus no parties can be held responsible for any malfunctions, failures or any other adverse events as a result of using
the information within this page.
- Modifications that are not performed by a professional installer as a general rule void any manufacturer's warranty. Please consult your
owners manual for warranty information before performing any modifications.
- Before attempting any modifications be sure to read and thoroughly understand all users manuals and related materials
- Before attempting any modifications ensure that the battery cables have been removed from the battery and ensure that no power
is being supplied to the vehicle.
- When working with electronics I highly recommend soldering whenever possible. soldering ensures the best possible connection between wires.
- Splicing should occur about an inch away from the ECU in the wiring harness for best results. Be sure to read owners manuals for specific wiring locations
as some wires have specific instructions regard distance apart from one another.
- Do not leave any wires exposed. I suggest using shrink sleeves and electrical tape to cover up all exposed wires. Exposed wires can lead to short curcuits
and even fire.
- Double check all wiring before turning the ignition to the on position once finished with installation. Ensure all wiring is secure and have a good connection to the
wire they are spliced into in the wiring harness.
- Wire stripper
- Soldering Iron
- 2 male terminal connectors
- 2 female spade connectors
- Heat shrinking sleeves
- Electrical tape
* Remember solder wherever possible for best connections.
- Connect the RED wire from the SAFC Unit to the 12volt Power wire attached to pin location #12
- Connect the BROWN wire from the SAFC unit to the Ground wire attached to pin location #13. Then
connect the BLACK wire from the SAFC unitat least 1 inch away from the BROWN
wire on the ground wire attached to pin location #13. The BROWN wire should be closest to the ECU.
- Connect the GREEN wire from the SAFC unit to the Tach Signal wire attached to pin location #89
- Connect the GRAY wire from the SAFC unit to the Throttle Position Sensor wire attached to pin location #84
- Locate the Air Flow Meter wire attached to pin location #90 and cut it.
- Connect the PINK wire from the SAFC unit to the Air Flow Meter wire that is leading to the ECU attached to pin location #90. Use Male(terminal) and Female(spade) connectors for ease of installation.
- Connect the ORANGE wire from the SAFC unit to the Air Flow Meter wire leading to the engine (the side of the wire that has not been used to this point) attached to pin location #90. use male(terminal) and female(spade) connectors for ease of installation.